2018-04-19

to know ... as I am known...


“..to know as we are known” - our goal, and dream,
will be one day full blown, and we’ll be true.
We know that’s not the case just now, it seems
the Onion-Skin encased another few!

And “How are we now known?” - A worth-while quest!
And whose thoughts have more flown towards these selves?
I s’pose that ow-ah own vested int’rest
might be love not yet grown up like the elves,

or creatures that had not forgotten love,
or maybe after rot,..  had learned again….
To “know” a fact, to some folk is to shove
it where we’d like to ”come”, or send it when

we’d like to, as a dog, subservient
to alpha leader’s drive-by wish or want;
to know a fact wins you an argument,
and gets your will done too, you're the  savant.

But when we know a person, we're known too!
When Adam knew Eve, her son was conceived.
That’s if you know someone, then they know you.
This kind of knowing’s fun - if you’ve believed

and trusted friends who're worthy of that trust.
It’s scary too, on Earth we’re often bent,
and knowing in this way can really bust
us up, so I would say, that where he went

-  that man among all men (who knew them too),
would listen further when they spoke and lived,
not just their words he heard, but hopes renewed,
old fears that haunted stirred, but these he sieved.



“Love never fails. But ….  whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.”  I Corinthians 13:8‭-‬12 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...