2017-11-16

Well here I am Lord... draft 1

Well here I am Lord,
still, under your spell.
That gives me courage
to lift my head well.

Not to be driven,
or shrunk to a “fate”.
But though I’ve striven
I’m too small, too late,..

..or too early, my
timing’s not that great!
If life’s just what I
can appreciate..

..I’ve not learned lessons
from before first grade.
I now remember
how life then displayed:

Much I didn’t know,
much I didn’t get,
but “too small, too slow”
just “aid & abet”..

..my desire to grow
(and to not forget),
my trust in who showed
wise love’s committment.

Dissonance was then
a state  I lived in,
not   I ran from,  when
I knew that I grew.

And as I saw more
‘stead of reducing,
expanding unknowns
flowed in my sluicing.

Not smugness but awe
was growing in me.
So now, like before,
your small child I’ll be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...