2017-11-07

upshot...

I am not anxious about anything, but in every situation, I pray and give thanks to God for all he has done.
And when pray I experience God's peace, which exceeds anything I can understand. His peace guards my heart and mind as I live for Jesus!!  Philippians 4:6-7 (PM Version)


For when I “pray” and give thanks to the God 
who made this world (all humans are his kids)
I notice all the goodness (where he’s trod),
it’s his acts make me open up my lids

each morning, to get up and look around
& try to join in with good things he’s done
while I'm out to it through the night, he's found
a host of good things he could do for fun.

The first thing I can do is look and see
with eyes that can do that - to use them well,
the next I want to “do”, is just to “be”
in that same place of purpose, & to “tell”,

to speak with speech & body language (more!),
what I have seen, to amplify it on,
like give it airplay in our minds before
we start to magnify the stuff that’s wrong.

But also to bear witness (like in court)
where people are deciding what is real,
to speak of what I've seen, as well as naught,
to help us humans understand and feel

this life as it is in reality.
So when I live in God’s presence each day
I find that I experience a peace
that’s hard to put in words. That’s how I  “pray”,

and somehow God’s new wonders never cease,
his peace guards heart & mind for me as well.
To be joined to God’s Christ is sweet release,
from all my own rubbish and from God’s hell*.


* In the scriptures that record the words of God's Christ-ened "Leader of Humanity", the Greek word behind the English translation "hell" is "gehenna", the Jewish name for the Valley of Hinom which was used as the rubbish dump for the capital city - Jerusalem. This seems to have become a metaphore for a dump for all of God's Creation (in heaven & earth) throughout  all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...