2017-11-25

show me up...

Oh God please bring it on some more, & more -
the death of Paul, no pretty comfort here.
A crucifixion of this self-willed boar,
& though he squirm & wriggle hold his ear.

So stick this pig, & let him squeal and bleed,
but even more, please see that your quite new
creation grows from top to toes, God’s speed
I must now trust for you know what to do,

and how to work your new life from my core,
so that it’s not just surface, but deep down.
I want that to grow in me more & more
- a life of praise and thanks, which cannot drown.

And if it does, it's not that much concerned,
for it looks forward to a deeper life,
a stronger life, because it here has learned
it's lessons from the womb to world. They're rife

with metaphore and signposting symbol:
the body we all had “in womb” was weak,
and though it moved, it hardly was nimble.
it recognized not much, and could not speak,

received it’s food and liquid not through mouth,
and filtered blood and toxins the same way,
its “Oh two” through umbilical-cord “South”
and blood from heart did not fill lungs that day…

..until… the coming out, and showing off, 
and sputtering of baby boy or girl.
Oh God, I'll gladly give up life that’s soft,
please bring on my "new being" - your new world!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...