2016-07-29

Shield & Refuge



God’s way is perfect and the word of The Lord is proven. He is a shield and refuge to all who trust Him. (Psalm 18:30 PM Version)
...........................................

Amen. 
Not just "he gives a shield
and place of refuge"
(though of course he does),
he IS, himself;

.. as the two biggest presents
at a wedding are the HE
that is the present to her,
and the SHE
that is the present to him..

You, our God, are our shield,
You our God, are our refuge,
Are you ok with that?
I think you are,
because I too am a father.
I have been my  offspring's shield
and refuge from a sibling’s blows,
I have been loved so that "Home"
was where I was.
I have been a metaphorical
shield and refuge, as older children
confided in me their fears and hopes,
and I see 
this to be
a very great  blessing.
Thank you for sharing your blessing
of fatherhood.
So, today I will run behind you,
confide in you my fears and hopes.
This is my start.
(Please help me finish the day well,
still shielded by you,
and being a refugee TO you)
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...