2023-09-10

un-settleing..



Oh God, I know you're there; and here as well.

Though somehow I don't feel connected, but..

it's not that I'm an expert, or can tell

by some con-ect-o-me-ter in my gut.


And yet you have made me to have some sense..

(maybe by little bits of feedback tapped

from other folk within my life, or when

my inside thoughts t'ward those folk are apt)


..some sense, I say, of how a friendship goes.

But here with you, it's quite a different thing:

well in the sense that your smile never "shows"

yet as I write this, I know I can sing


with gladness (and I did this very day),

that morning has quite broken in our world:

for in the face of Jesus, I can say,

that I have seen your smile to me quite curled,


and spread. And in those words you said from cloud

about who he was, and his destiny,

and what you said to Pete, James, John - aloud,

about what their response to him should be,


gives me my job - in stance and attitude,

but also in the way thoughts percolate,

and then the way I act, to not be rude,

and what I do at all, is in your state-


ment to them - all of life is covered there.

And trully, that's enough for me. Thank you.

And thank you for your help with this, your care.

and "great & precious" giftings - graceous, true!




Short Bibliography:


"May grace and peace be lavished on you as you grow in the rich knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord! I can pray this because his divine power has bestowed on us everything necessary for life and godliness through the rich knowledge of the one who called us by his own glory and excellence. Through these things he has bestowed on us his precious and most magnificent promises, so that by means of what was promised you may become partakers of the divine nature, after escaping the worldly corruption that is produced by evil desire. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith excellence, to excellence, knowledge; to knowledge, self-control; to self-control, perseverance; to perseverance, godliness; to godliness, brotherly affection; to brotherly affection, unselfish love. For if these things are really yours and are continually increasing, they will keep you from becoming ineffective and unproductive in your pursuit of knowing our Lord Jesus Christ more intimately. But concerning the one who lacks such things – he is blind. That is to say, he is nearsighted, since he has forgotten about the cleansing of his past sins. Therefore, brothers and sisters, make every effort to be sure of your calling and election. For by doing this you will never stumble into sin. For thus an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be richly provided for you." 2 Peter 1:2‭-‬11(NET)


"Six days later Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John and led them alone up a high mountain privately. And he was transfigured before them, and his clothes became radiantly white, more so than any launderer in the world could bleach them. Then Elijah appeared before them along with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus. So Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us make three shelters – one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” (For they were afraid, and he did not know what to say.) Then a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice came from the cloud, “This is my one dear Son. Listen to him!” Suddenly when they looked around, they saw no one with them any more except Jesus." Mark 9:2‭-‬8 (NET)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...