2023-09-15

Me & my brother



God is there anything that I can do, along with you, to be of help to my brother?

Can I say.. Dear brother, let me take the speck…? Or let me take the log…?


If he's got a speck … Jesus warned me about attempting to help someone with a spec on their eye, if at the same time I have an electricity pole in my eye (it stops me getting close enough to see the spec)

If he's got a log  … it sounds like (from Jesus's teaching, that) it's his job to take out the log.

That leaves me with my own question:

Have I got my own spec…? Or log..?

So here goes…




So, holy spirit, please do help me now. 

Please clean me up, & save me from my sin.

Please help me see my habits, which somehow

betray my Lord, like Judas who was in


the twelve new leaders Jesus picked back then

with your own insight, leading, whispered quips.

I see that he spoke straight to Judas when

he said "Beware of yeast of .. leaderships"+


And also when he said "Why call me  LORD? 

-  And not take words to heart said by myself?

That's hear, recall, and understand, afford

what action is appropriate for health


of this whole body, not just my desires.

We know this is the will of God for us,

as he commanded us, and brought his fire

so we would be cleaned up, and made a fuss


of here & now, & there & then as well.

I see it's not to do with "..my desire!"

If I say "I don't want that fuss, or smell…"

I can speak it, but not let it inspire


me, as impelling force, or motive pow'r.

My hopes and fears are very second'ry,

and yet must be admitted in this hour;

and then denied as my authority.


Oh God of hesed (loving kindness) where

you go, and here you are with me right now.

I need your help to show how much you care,

to get the hell out of me, as I bow

to your own will*, not mine. This is my prayer,

and holy worship, offered up somehow^.



  • +  Matt. 16:6, 11; Mark 8:15; Luke 12:1 (yeast is the agent that puffs up dough, which makes it appear bigger than it was, not by one big hollow in the centre, but by thoughsands of little spread out hollows)


Matt 5:22-24


        ^     Rom 12:1-2, Hebrews 13:15-16




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...