2023-09-19

RESURRECTION LIFE & its pre-curser* ..




The way forward that I do now perceive 

for my neighbour, and his neighbour (that's me).


Oh God who is both love and creator

please waken in me now, and more, & more

responsive love to all that's shower'd on me

instead of vicious circles, viciously


en-gouging for the getting of revenge

while hurting all the innocents who wend

just near enough (their way) to me and mine

that cross-fire will wreak havoc all the time.


I see now that my way, apart from love,

would force my hand as though t'were in some glove

that wouldn't let me .. pick up things alone

(like cards, or tiny objects), use my phone.


I'd have to take it off, gauntleted glove,

if I'm to find the way that's from above

& let my skin again touch skin, with love

(which must itself fly in, like sky-borne dove),


for I'd have walled me in, and covered up,

for shame had gotten tentacles on me,

or else its fangs had pierced, injecting muck

along with deadly poise on track to be


the walking dead, in truth - who cannot die

unless a second, or third death can give

some way to undo all this work that I

a god (without your wisdom's care to live


and grow more life and love around me too)

would do. I'd like to learn that trick from you!

I know, within my bones, no 'trick' will do;

his resurrection life^, I will run to!



*   the last word in the title [pre-curser] is meant to be spelled this way. To allow it to evoke 3 meanings: a) the concept of a necessary prerequisite [precursor], b) something has been spelled wrong! & then c) from the world of spells and curses, someone who cursed before, or was previously against (maybe wronged, and then wronging in return) [a previous curser]


resurrection life, is the kind of life that fits all the best hopes and dreams of humanity (can still use food and drink, but doesn't depend on them). It was understood to only come at the end of life, after death. Jesus is our first instance of it, and promises not to be the last! - he is determined to bring many little brothers and sisters, mothers etc. (family) into it too. The seed of this, which is the seed of God, is in me too. Yee har!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...