2023-09-25

Ode to who woke me (& you)…




You love me Lord! You've woken me to share

another day within this world of yours.

You keep it in existance, so it's there,

and give to me my being now because…


because of who you really are at heart,

because you make with wonder and delight,

because you choose creatively to start

a human from one cell, from loving night!


Consensual connecting… deeply held

and entered into by a lover who

knows deeper magic than what can be spelled,

a word that is unspoken can come to


one who is loved, reciprocating with

whatever love can come from little chest

of treasure stored in heart of kin or kith,

amounts don't matter if it's all, and best.


Well if it is the seed of GOD himself,

the preciousness and living life of love,

that grows in the seclusion of the wealth

of fam'ly-life that flows down from above.


And you are doing what I'd like to grow

somehow to think of more, then do, to bring

the joy of faithful friendship, where each knows

the other in true love, we start to sing!


So I will sing of, and I will sing to,

you who made all this wondrous world, & gives

it to us as a sandpit, till renewed

in immortality, each body LIVES!


(Audio recording - with piano)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...