2023-07-01

TRAINING to grow up..

I have an infection, with a nuisance cough, that makes me asthmatic. Feels bad, but can just be contained symptomatically with puffers, pseudofed, - and sleep...  enough to help me take seriously my reliance on a source of higher power.



We thank you Lord, for life, & health, and breath,

and now recall each good gift that is ours

has come down from above. This side of death

is time to celebrate with all our powers.


Not that our powers are great, but that we give

whatever little bit we have at all

in simple trust, and join our wills to live

along will all good purposes. So "small",


or "large"  is nothing to the point right now,

but "live" or "dead" is everything, and more.

A tiny little gumnut seed somehow,

when buried in the soil of Earth… it bore


both down, and up.. and concrete structures broke,

and foundations have foundered from this plant.

An emiss'ry of life, each tiny spoke-

en groan, or voice, unworded kind of chant


has pow'r to rule, when under Yahweh's rule.

Just being what he made it so to be.

And here I am, a human. I won't fool

around at being foolish. Look and see!


And listen with my ears, learn with my mind.

I choose to metanoia, not just hold

i-de-as and approaches that I find

on ground around about me. I'll be bold!


..to thank you now, before the secret's out!

To stake my life on going where he leads.

Admit him as my King. Whole-hearted shout!

Before the world knows this - and for it pleads.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...