2020-03-27

..prophet a man?

"Can't stand your meetings or religious acts.
I’m fed up with your conf'renc-es and all
conventions that you have. These are the facts.
The acts are big, but your intent so poor.

The money comes, you draw it in with ease.
Your public face and slogans are so bold.
When will you sing your songs for only me?
The songs you sing just leave me feeling cold.

And your religion projects, make me sick. 
Pretentious slogans, goals that sound so good,
that you had almost fooled yourself (and quick).
I’m sick of all your schemes to get your food.

For forty years you wandered here and there,
I didn’t ask for much; to merely walk
and listen to my voice so deep and clear.
But all you did was whinge and cry and baulk.

The plan was made so very long ago.
The choice was up to you and what you'd choose,
it could have been much faster, or go slow -
for many ways can be redeemed & used.

But you and I we’re fam'ly! For so long
we talked and mused, through actions, and through plans.
Just when did we stop talking? That’s so wrong!
That’s why you’re going round and ‘round this land.

"I’ve had all I can take of all your ways -
your noisy ego-music, for yourself.
When was the last time that you sang,.. " God says,
"..to me? Do you know what I want? What's health?

What I want is for justice, fairness, and
not trickles of it — oceans, rivers, lakes!
That’s what I want. That’s all. Now understand:
"Fair dinkum" is the only thing it takes!

“Did you, dear Israel, family, worship me?
And were you faithful for those forty years
throughout the wilderness, with offerings?
Was anyone affected unto tears?

How strange you stooped to dragging statues round
of all your so-called rulers, leaders, frauds;
& somehow all those images abound
of all your star-gods and your bosses/ lords.

So since you like them all so very much,
you might as well take them, your lucky charms,
with you when I drive you away, as such,
and into exile, with some other "harms",

beyond Damascus.” God’s Message (from him),
the God-of-the-Angel-Armies has decreed!
Things won't get better if we are so dim,
and still this is a fraction of our need.


B.P., G.P., & P.W.

“I can’t stand your religious meetings. I’m fed up with your conferences and conventions. I want nothing to do with your religion projects, your pretentious slogans and goals. I’m sick of your fund-raising schemes, your public relations and image making. I’ve had all I can take of your noisy ego-music. When was the last time you sang to me ? Do you know what I want? I want justice—oceans of it. I want fairness—rivers of it. That’s what I want. That’s all I want. “Didn’t you, dear family of Israel, worship me faithfully for forty years in the wilderness, bringing the sacrifices and offerings I commanded? How is it you’ve stooped to dragging gimcrack statues of your so-called rulers around, hauling the cheap images of all your star-gods here and there? Since you like them so much, you can take them with you when I drive you into exile beyond Damascus.” God ’s Message, God-of-the-Angel-Armies.  Amos 5:21‭-‬27 MSG


God help us hear your heart and longings too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...