2020-03-25

Infective story!

I've got a lot to learn, and I see now
"the story that I live within is key";
not just the bit I'm listening to somehow
right at the present time, that's ent'ring me,

and that I have a part to play within;
but even what I might be telling to
whoever I am "with". These ways begin
to mean that I'm becoming more like you

or else more disconnected from the wealth
of this world's great divorce from life and love,
it's way of un-community and self
expression, miffed at who's come "from above".

The gift thus given to us in good tales
that always means a wedding of those two:
the honesty and love that now avails
to serve in telling love what's really true,

and truly loving, building life in good
directions that are genuine and free.
The story that's a wedding of both would
be such a gift, for it helps people see

what love looks like, and how the truth is real.
It works and brings new kinds of life within,
and beckons others, to a brand new deal
that it encapsulates and so begins.

It's like a COVID-virus antidote.
You take it in, and it joins well with you,
and you join in with it, it's not a vote,
but what a gift! It saves, though small and few!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...