2019-10-20

to find the one I love...

I'm going off to find the one I love.
I'll listen to their voice, and then respond.
I will not let my mind play tricks and shove
me into a non-choice. I'll look beyond

to stars within the sky that seem so small
and yet which may be bigger than our sun.
I'll let those things beyond my ceiling call
me to live bigger than this shrinking one.

And my unlove, my self-determined self,
that wants to rule, that shrinks life to what words
can say in air of world that loses wealth
so quickly that we're left with little turds;

it wants to shrink the wealth within a life
to statements that are facts or else demands,
and even all it's sickness and it's strife
it tries to fix with consequent commands,

or else manipulation or entice-
ment, like a bate with hidden hook inside.
It just depends on why they're being nice,
when fish is caught, will it then just be fried?

This God who gave this world, as well as Christ,
will give us all the inside help we need
he won't hard-bake my cowardice, his tryst
injects his love, & discipline in me,

developing his love in this outpost
of Heaven, here on Earth, through pow'r of truth.
Oh Father, Son, and blessed Holy Ghost,
I'll gladly ask, search, knock, and be your sleuth!



  • (2Tim 1:7) for God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline.

  • (Matt 7:24-25,24) ‘Everyone then who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. 25 The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock.

  • ‘So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. 11 Is there anyone among you who, if your child asks for[a] a fish, will give a snake instead of a fish? 12 Or if the child asks for an egg, will give a scorpion? 13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit[b] to those who ask him!’


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...