2019-10-03

mmm... eating up on earth



Looking through some poetry recently, written by a person whom I am getting to know (who says he experienced the writing of this poem, more as a catching what he's  listening to, than as a "writing" per se), I said I like it, & asked if I might share it with friends. He was happy for me to, but wanted, for the time being, to remain anonymous. Happy to oblige, here it is: He didn't have a name for it yet, and said I could name it whatever I wanted, while it is anonymous. So I put in the title above.


My theory is, that I think's true
At least for me, maybe for you:
Humanity is one, not two.
(Or maybe it's one great big zoo!)

Its implications are quite large,
In fact affect the kind of marg-
in that I give to those about
Me. And is shown by who's left out,

And who is "in" my nearest friends -
Whose meals I share, and then who mends
Our socks and shoes, and lowly things
That need a fix, who smiles and sings.

Corollaries that soon appear
To me, are many but right here
I'll try to follow one or two
That might help test if it is true. ...

...

You're at your highest and your best
When you're a bird flown out of nest
Yet thinking still of nestly things:
like pairing, children, fam'ly wings

& crests, and honour in their sight,
the bigger flock, the wrong & right.
You shrink inside when you just think
Of how you feel, and what to drink.

...

Our human thought is bound to lang-
guage which itself must further hang
(Which comes) together, and makes sense
When understood by groups, so hence

Their culture, or a "meta" one
Let's French and English war, have fun,
And influence each other much:
They're separate, but they keep in touch.

...

So once again, I'm thinking of
How things depend on problems solved,
And what you know - a tiny bit!
Much more depends on "Who the shit..?"

Is this here person? And that one?
Variety is much more fun!
Integrity's another stor-
y, quite entwined with this before

we can be true to others we
must hang together so we'll be
A ONE who can be even known.
If unpredictable, we're shown

To be quite crazy, or else sick.
But either way, you can't be quick
At knowing people, or their kind.
If you don't mean their "facts" but find

Those inside things, they might not tell
To others when they're not sure.. well,
They can't be certain you're with them.
They want to "know" you - as a friend.

And if they too, reciprocate
And share with you a love, or hate,
And find you still, through thick or thin
Committed to their good, why then

It's who you know, that's knowing you.
And love delights that this is true,
And grows within this garden- zoo,
And turns its waters clearer too.

Undisclosed author.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...