2018-05-04

those who run to him ..


I'm scared Lord that I won't be like you are,
that I'll embarrass you with unseen faults,
that's faults that I don't see, yet, gone too far
already - they make my friends’ banter halt.

I know it's not a problem to go deep
or change the subject (sometimes they're the best),
it's when I make them grow in patience heaps,
- not really as a blessing, or a jest -

that makes me sick at heart, weak at my knees.
Please help me here, I see that I must run
into your arms to catch more your disease
(& too your ease) of feeling “sad” - or “fun”.

Please help me nestling into your strong arms,
and dealing with my frailties and my fears.
You do. You are! Like wheat that grows on farms,
it's slow, but “sure”, though delicate, with tears.

I see that when I focus on my faults,
I'm overcome with weakness, lose my nerve,
but when I look at Jesus then I vault
somehow and clear my hurdles, with no swerve.

I know that I can overdo things right
where I know it's important not to do
that, yet my habits can still be a blight
on all the good that comes here straight from you.

So knowing this who else can help me out,
who can un-make the mess that I am still,
and grow the nature of the God about,
who plans good futures and makes hopes fulfilled?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...