2018-05-27

travelling as specks...


The world’s impatient, wanting to succeed;
“a destination come to”, I believed
was all that really matted, so no need
to value much the processes which weaved

and danced about, and in and out, to make
an heirloom piece of craftsmanship that’s worth
the waiting for, instead of (with that snake)
just acting on de-si-re, which then  birthed

the kind of animal, quite Dragon -like,
that likes to fly itself, to win the day,
with hoarded treasure (where folk cannot hike),
it hopes to win each challenge it will face.

But I will wait for God, the Lord of lords,
amidst the challenges I face on  days,
& there I find he’s better than my hoards
of treasure, in his splendour! He just waits.

So I will wait. Not just recall the past
nostalgic-like, as though all’s done and said.
The best is yet to come, and it will last,
so I look forward to what is ahead!

Don’t doubt God’s mighty pow'r to work in you
accomplishing amazing things. He will
achieve much more than ever you could - do,
or even then - imagine. He is still

at work. His new creation has begun,
his pow-er to create is now at work
in us, when we co-operate, each  one.
And he’s determined, he will never shirk.



'The world is impatient & wanting a destination; process is little valued. But I wait for the Lord amidst the challenges I face & there I find Him - in the waiting; in all His splendour!'  Psalm 27:14 (CR Version)

Forget the past and look forward to what is ahead. Philippians 3:13  (PM Version)

Never doubt Gods mighty power to work in you and accomplish amazing things. He will achieve infinitely more than you ever imagine. For His miraculous power is at work in you. Ephesians 3:20 (PM Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...