2017-12-08

my communication depends... (on a mystical connection to Christ)

In Jesus, as James saw him, I can be
not quick to make my point here (with some pow'r),
so quick to make folk listen up to me.
His creativity and love, is ours!

He's given his own spirit to his ones.
He's shared his whole mindset, and method too.
His WAY, is for all HIS daughters and sons,
His "most excellent way"* for me and you.

He doesn't MAKE folk DO so very much,
for that weak kind of power does not bring change
of heart, & mind, with deep commitments such
that people's whole lives are then re-arranged.

The righteousness of God is not just "works",
although it comes to change all them as well,
it's not just stickers he puts on some jerks,
it is a PERSON! - who "does all things well"#.

He even makes the deaf one's ears to hear
their Father God - sometimes through others too,
not just the outward kind, but drawing near
and list'ning for what God would have me do.

And when I am tongue-tied and don't know what
to say, he'll give me what to speak from him,
I might not have an answer in a shot,
but it will make him glad, and not so grim.

And as I grow in him, I shall be like
him: slow to anger drenched in that "hesed"**.
Oh God as I grow up, I want to hike
here in your company°, until I'm "dead".


'In Jesus I can be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because my mind is set on the righteousness that God desires...' James 1:19‭-‬20 (CR Version)

*   1Cor 12:31-14:1
!   Mal 4:2; Acts 22:14; Col 2:9; 1 Cor1:30; Rom8:10-12
#   Psalm126:3; Luke1:49; Mark7:37
**  "hesed"(Hebrew)=loving-kindness, loyal love, faithful-compassion;  Exod 34:6; Num 14:18 ; Ps 86:15; 103:8; 145:8; Joel 2:13; Neh 9:17; Jonah 4:2; 1Cor13:5;
°  unlike Adam & Eve who hid from the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the evening; like Enoch who walked with God for 300 yrs., "& then God took him".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...