2017-07-21

with/out

Without me you can do nothing! John 15:7

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask me anything in my name, that will I do.

John 14:13‭-‬14 RV1885
http://bible.com/477/jhn.14.13-14.RV1885

..........

Lord Jesus you are right, I see again,
& I don't want to live apart from you.
I see that as you lived with Elohim,
your father, you let us live with you too.

For when you called disciples, your "children",
& told them how hard riches (from down here)
made it for folk to get into heaven,
it pulled them up & made them really fear.

For riches seem to help folk to do much
that is considered good stuff to serve God,
but if what you have witnessed to - as such -
is truth, well that's the same way that you trod!

You said you'd not live, apart from "father"
(in what you said, & in your actions too),
I get the sense there's nothing you'd rather
than copy what you saw your father do,

but not alone, as you yourself have said;
you're not alone, for he is always there,
with you, & it is he who is your head,
& in that way, you'll let us come to share

in life with you - we need not live apart,
you gave us your own from-above-ly birth
& thus gave us a chance to live a part
of your amazing life here on this Earth.

Please help us now to understand and trust
your meaning, when you say "ask in my name",
& join in all the joy you surely must
anticipate as Love extends again!

..........

Without me you can do nothing! John 15:7


John 5:19, John 8: 28-29, John 14:10-11

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask me anything in my name, that will I do. John 14:13‭-‬14 RV1885

http://bible.com/477/jhn.14.13-14.RV1885

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...