2017-07-16

46 years ago... Wayne was born, this I know...

Could Vicki (please) read this out to ya?

Ol' Wayne is over 45!  -  'e sez!
I hardly can believe that it is true.
But learning to love both the girls 'e cares
for, brings a kind of graciousness into

what is other-wise just pain, and heart-ache.
It's quite amazing what Love brings with it,
and even though there are roads that have take-
en their toll, & have led him on a bit,

I think 'is world is op'ning up to love,
& what makes living worth the living for,
as I watch on, I feel a stupid dove,
but still I coo, & smile, & thank the lord

of all who love peace, and are of 'good will',
who follow through that - with their actions too,
& I know Wayne (& Vic, & Breezy) still
wants to pursue that way (just as I do,

- and Pete & Penny, and etcetera,
- there's heaps we find, as we go on that way).
O may Wayne keep on getting better-er,
& too, enjoying what life has today.

That's not to say that bad things won't keep on
coming at 'im - as they did in the past,
it's just that a new strength comes right along
& helps 'im walk away, instead of blast!

A strength that I think's bigger that this life,
the strength of love - more pow'rful than the sea.
This love, in truth, is bigger than our strife;
this love brings on a greater victory!

Happy Birthday Ol' Mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...