(...helps in growing love…)
(First day of Spring)
We were not now fighting, just feeling like love was dying.. old wounds had been opened, and not healed, just reminding us of diff’rences that feel to be an abyss between us, across which no warmth can be conducted, no convection currents could carry any excitement. We needed the kind of radiant heat that can travel across vacuums.
My wife was being cordial, and said that she was riding to work, and “Good-bye.” & took off on her bicycle - around 8:10am. I had just enough time, if I used it well, before I needed to be at work. As I was collecting my bits and pieces together before driving directly to work in the car… I found her phone sitting on the loungeroom coffee table …
Different to me, she rarely leaves things behind by mistake. So, I thought, “It’s possible that she left it home on purpose (say to minimise interruptions at work etc)..” I thought I should ring her to check … (then realised what I was considering)... So I just had to make my “own” judgement (I addressed myself to creative love, “Please give me some of your wisdom here!”)...
On my way to work, I made the 5 or 10 minute detour to her work, to give it to her.
When I walked into her office it looked like she was trying to log into an account that required receiving a phone text as verification, and later she said she was on to trying other options. She beamed when she saw it, got out of her computer chair, smiled, took steps to receive the phone, full-heartedly said “Thank you!”, and hugged me. She said “I really needed that.”
What a gift from God to help our difficulties in expressing love in tangible ways to creatures from other planets.
I think God used that cloud of forgeting to help love grow, as we looked past our needs to the other... and let love connect us…
As I drove on to work, I looked up again.. “Thank you”.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for adding to the conversation...