2026-09-09

A day like today




They say that ev’ry day is much the same

as ev’ry other day that comes along.

At times it seems to be true, since each name

of days within a week may start off strong,


Like Mon-, or Choose-, or When’s-, or Thirst-, or Fry-

(or even when you’ve Sat- in Sun- they say),

all of them end the same, that is in my..

my lingo (English), where each ends in “-day”.


Though this is not so strong an argument, 

there is the fact that feelings worlds can be 

discounted by the fact-y part that’s lent 

more power by our culture. Let me see.


Today is When’s-day, though I don’t spell well,

I slept last night in Dubbo town on mat-

ress on the floor, and then I saw my gal

for breaky, just before I walked and sat


in driver’s seat, of our car, and came back

to Orange, where I had a school-day which 

a lot might say is just another day

but we got through a lot of stuff and learned 

a bit in different areas of life,

and gave some “yindyamarra” as folk say 

around here, that lets people who’ve been burned

move forward, even though there’s still some strife.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...