2024-06-29

Listening in..




God, may I know the wisdom of deep list-

en-ing? I want this quality of you.

I want to give you glory, to persist

in doing only what I see you do.


So I like him, who led me to yourself,

might caref’ly hear & see what's going on

within our world, so your good grace and health

can be spread right through all we do anon.


By all means, I now understand, he asked

some questions that would cut through to the bone.

They marvelled at that 12 yr old, aghast

at the insightful questions he intoned.


So he was not just castigating folk.

He learned his Beit Midrash, as many did,

to interact by asking, not just joke-

ing. God, I'm still a pre-Beit-Midrash kid.


Well, here I am. At times a chatter box.

Excited, and just spruiking round the place.

I’m trying to, as much as I can, fox

the snakey part of me that’s a disgrace.


I hear you say “as harmless as a dove.”

I’ve seen those doves both cooing, bowing round.

But “wise as serpent”, brings a working love

that’s calculated to help motives found


from elsewhere. As the scriptures ask: “Will that

be beneficial to those list’ning in?”

So truth & love do meet & kiss in fact

when we ask in the spirit of our King.



Audio Draft 2 (of ~70), listenin’ in







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...