2019-09-01

1Sept2019 - Bevan Walker


My  Dad, it' s good to stop and rest a while,
and think of who's been Father here to me,
while copying our Father, who would smile^,
as he thinks of what he'll help us to be.

And though we all have stories of our own,
with weaknesses, as well as given strengths,
we need each other's grace to help atone,
to cover over, as Christ did at length,

so that in God's good timing, we could too,
forgive each other's "falling short" and join,
with Jesus as he prays for me and you,
and sees us, loves to pay our tax time coin.

You've modelled for me, caring, speaking truth,
and living with  contingencies down here,
and seeking God's good wisdom° from a youth,
and I am certain that more will appear.

Please keep on praying, that I'll listen up°,
and look up as that Psalm One Two Three* says,
to wait upon the Lord; slow, and abrupt-
ly, see that all my body language prays.

And that's my prayer for you as well, my Dad,
as we speak to our Father, heavenly.
I think that he would multiply and add,
such people as he'd call, and "true" would be.

Oh Father there in Heaven, we say thanks
for daily bread provided for us till
we leave this life, and too, all of its Banks,
and set ourselves to listen to• your will.


^ Let everyone thank God, for He is good, and He is easy to please!! His tender love for us continues on forever!! Psalm 136:1 (PM Version)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...