2019-09-16

Practicing character responses with a willing friend..




I'll talk (about things I could say) with God.
Consider cultures of those folk, and me.
My culture and my country may seem odd,
to other eyes (now I've been there), I see.

And I could never learn and grow at all,
unless I start with owning where I'm at.
To do that I must start with being "small",
and asking many questions - grow in  that.

And sometimes just jump in and have a go
and interact with people, not from shame.
But see that all my interactions show
I'm willing to "admit", instead of "blame",

in case that comes across in what I say,
I can't just trust my attitudes to be
apparent to my audience today.
I'll prob'ly have to "overkill", you see!

And in the end, I cannot make myself
be understood by others who would hear.
I must entrust myself to who can smell
health and hypocrisy; and then, not fear.

And be a bit thick-skinned myself, to not
be buckled by what criticism comes.
But here I am, thin-skinned at best my God -
skin thickens where it's used on hands and thumbs!

So maybe as I talk, and listen too,
about what's dear to me, or round about
it, on a walk I go alone with you,
that could be helping me to think things out!



Thinking of what I said to the Korean Flight attendant lady, possibly accusations of her regarding my wrong dinner, and then exaggerating to Sam (the Korean man beside me from Soel to Vancouver). And the help of putting ideas into words first, even to myself or my lady, yet the drain it is on others; therefore positing the advantage of talking things through with my father in heaven. Talking "as if" there was a personal God, who utterly loved us. (Interesting that this view-point keeps bearing good fruit in all kinds of situations eh?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...