2019-09-17

"waif" or "ward" ? ?



Thinking of leadership, corruption, and a way forward..


"The present system's dead, and will corrupt!"
I don't say this as just a bozo clown.
Though maybe jester's learn to say enough
to give some people pause to look around.

And maybe then to see things freshly from
a slightly diff'rent angle, point of view,
which then allows some diff'rent options gone,
to be seen in a diff'rent light then too.

Well, do I have a forward way from here?
Am I just saying "Bury it, and see!"
So moving, when we do, first steps appear,
and then there opens "possibilities."

And I'm not saying I will always be
around to see it happen, and to clap.
But I will cheer, and with the angels see
a new creation coming with that chap!

There's only one, in hist'ry of the world
that fits the bill in saying "Follow me.."
"..to painful death, humiliation hurled
at you - and out the other side, we're free!

"And if you can't believe in God, I'll show 
you how to do it, in the midst of life
in territ'ry that's occupied, you know
most are, when we use power, to make strife, ...

...to make the people. Not as God does that,
from dust of stars to be a being who
can learn to choose, to love, not just grow fat."
I know whom I will follow, now. And you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...