2019-09-04

"having kids".. (version 2)


Some know it as the next challenge in life:
to learn to love, to give themselves away.
In soil that's poor, still certain weeds grow rife.
Al-ter-na-tive-ly, some plants win the day -

like legumes, who in partnership themselves,
can make the so-il richer as they grow.
Their very presence, brings more good, and well,
their death can even bring a boon, you know.

These plants enrich the dirt "themselves"; I say,
but euphemistic'ly, I see it now,
for they themselves are symbiotes, they play 
at sharing life with other criters. Wow!

Some couples have seen rightly that their love
is not so rich and verdant as the need.
If no help can ap-pē-ar from above
they're stuffed, and better stop - because of greed.

Their logic is impeccable and true,
they understand the need for kids - is love.
They self assess quite right (I'm like them too).
They make just one mistake: That peaceful dove

is utterly to be relied upon!
It's true, it "shows up" im-ma-tur-i-ty
but in itself that is no big problem.
For we are in a womb-world, you and me -

our chance to be supported and to grow!
I'm sure that this is true, as I now write,
a foetus here myself, I'm sure it's so!
I'll either learn to trust, or else to bite!

And both impulses I see here in me,
I'm not mature and integrated yet.
I'll either feel embarrassed, so to be,
or else like a small child, I'll just forget

about myself, and look to where I'm from.
The strangest choice of all: to choose my Dad,
a paradox, that been around and on
this Earth from our beginnings. That is "Rad."!

Ol' Enoch° (number seven there himself,
where first offspring from God is Adam and
too, Eve); his walk with God took on new health
when he became a "father" in that land.


*  Slang short-form for "radical", which etymologically speaking means to go back to the roots of a thing.
°  "When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away."  (Genesis 5:21‭-‬24 NIVUK)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...