2019-08-29

I will trust and not be afraid!

God I will trust and not be full of fear.
I love the way you work all things for good,
for those who love you and would come quite near;
as friends appreciate, and as they would 

give time of day to other friends they have
and listen quite respectfully to their 
ideas and their hopes, & what makes glad-
ness grow in them. They'll work to bring good cheer.

For those who truly love, and love what's true,
you see them as your kids - your very own,
and work behind the scenes to help them too.
I know that while I'm here I'm not alone,

and this life's not just all you plan for me.
You've warned me that the best is yet to come.
As foetus in the womb has more to be-
come in its watery world. There's more, and some

(when it comes out from that protected world)
to grow into, & then the growing keeps
on going with all sights, and sounds, uncurled.
With balance, walking, moving - so it weeps,

emotions growing, and opposing thumbs
that help to hold, manipulate and make;
while all the while it's language centre comes
alive in ways that lets a friend help slake

frustration, and allows its spirit to
be borne by solar winds to world's unknown
before. I see this journey is not new.
And yet such things bring out of me this groan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...