2019-08-13

couples "having kids"..

Some know it as the next challenge in life:
to learn to love, to give themselves away.
In poor soil still there grows some weeds of strife.
Some plants enrich the soil "themselves", I say.

Some couples have seen rightly that their love
is not so rich and verdant as the need.
If no help can ap-pē-ar from above
they're stuffed, and better stop - because of greed.

Their logic is impeccable and true,
they understand that kids need lots of love.
They self assess quite right (I'm like them too).
They make just one mistake. That peaceful dove

is utterly to be relied upon!
It's true, it shows up immaturity
but in itself that is no big problem.
For we are in a womb-world, you and me -

our chance to be supported and to grow!
I'm sure that this is true, as I now write,
a foetus here myself, I'm sure it's so!
I'll either learn to trust, or else to bite!

And both impulses I see here in me.
I'm not mature and integrated yet.
I'll either feel embarrassed, so to be,
or else, like little child, I'll just forget

about myself, and look to where I'm from.
The strangest choice of all, to choose my Dad,
a paradox, that been around and on
this Earth from our beginnings. This is "Rad"*!


Rad.; Short slang form of radical (whose etymology takes us back to the "root"  of things).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...