2019-05-04

Work in progress


God, you’re a safe and pow’rful rock, or wall,
that gives protection, refuge, safety too!
And you’re a proven help in times troubled -
available whenever we need you!

Our hopes come to reality through trust -
foundational to building what's longed for.
Thus faithfulness is evidence that must
show these realities - unseen before.

When times I feel the spirit moving in
my heart, by blue of sky, or light of day,
or problems, troubles I'm perceiving in
the world a-round-about me, I will pray.

I will look up to you, and then look down,
from your own vantage point upon my world.
And take your gift of presence, not as frown-
ing, evil, and malicious one who's hurled

my problems, diff-i-cult-ies, down on me.
In truth, I hear from James, why you've allowed
them is because my problems clearly be
adventures in disguise, and you are proud-

ly wanting to go on one - with your child,
together do what's deemed “impossible”
(you are at heart not tame, but very wild).
I'd love to share with you, life to the full!

Since you began your great, & glorious work
in me, I'm sure you'll finish off your job
‘til you unveil Lord Jesus (not this jerk).
Please keep on training, sculpting, raising up!


God, you are such a safe and powerful place to find refuge!!
You are a proven help in time of trouble- always available when we need you!! Psalm 46:1 (PM Version)

Faith brings our hopes into reality and becomes the foundation needed to acquire the things we long for. It is all the evidence required to prove what is still unseen.  Hebrews 11:1 (PM Version)

Any time I feel the spirit moving in my heart I will pray. (Bobby McFerrin, "Spirit-you-all")

I am fully convinced that the one who began a great, glorious work in you, will faithfully continue the process, and will put his finishing touches to it, until the unveiling of the Lord Jesus Christ!!  Philippians 1:6 (PM Version)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...