2019-05-10

grumpa

Well “Arrgh”, I feel so “grumpy” now, my God,
or maybe more “on edge”, or “less than bright”.
When people don't applaud me I feel what
I feel just now. I'll come into your light

and even if I feel embarrassed by
my immaturity, why that's ok.
For embryos don't always seem quite right,
proportions are 'bit weird. That's me today,

compared to you who's been around a while.
This universe compared to you, is new.
And I am just a twinkle in your smile.
So here I am a running back to you.

To cry with you. To tell you how I've felt.
To tell you what I'm scared about, again.
My fears affect me, often your big “belt”
helps clarify, so I am scared of pain -

not only physical that's through a nerve,
but also pain from broken friendships and
the lack of love, though love is not deserved,
the loss of purpose and a place to stand.

But since your love has showed up, I will run
to you and unashamed, be glad of what
you give, like time of day before it's done,
and rest each night - regenerative shot!

And thoughts of truth and goodness that are greater,
that come from your own heart - where we've come from.
Your love that "covers over" - “suffocator”,
then helps make compost of what's dead & gone!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...