2019-05-21

looking to you..


God here it is. I see, just now, that I
want people seeing, understanding my..
my efforts and the unseen work I do.
The limits that I pass, and then go to…

I'm like a little three-year-old who wants
his mum or dad to “Look at me!” - (the ponce!)
He gets all their attention. Immature,
and plainly knows his place, in their secure

and all pervasive love, that mimics yours
to varying degrees, and that's because
they're playing now their part in this enact-
ment, play, or drama, starting with your pact

to be an “us1”, who's “ONE2” in heart and mind,
at least in purpose to listen, be kind
to all who'll join in (with all that they are),
that there will be an “all3” made “one4”. Ta da!

It seems like there might be more magic tricks.
Well joining with a god “through thin and thick”
seems like a project worthy, slow or quick,
of all of our attention, through our sick-

ness and our health, this is our “life-time” chance.
To join in this production, to advance
an artwork of this scale, I'd do a dance
just like that three year old, without my pants.

But now I only see, that I'm, to you,
much younger than a three year old. I'll do
what he would do, and lift my eyes up to
you often, over me. One of some few*!



Footnotes:

1. “Then God said, ‘Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’  So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.’. Gen. 1:26‭-‬28 NIVUK

2. “Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one. …” Deut. 6:4‭-‬12; “But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.”  1 Corinthians 6:17 NIVUK

3. “..Holy Father, protect them by the power of  your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.  They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.   ‘My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.  I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one – I in them and you in me – so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17:11‭, ‬16‭-‬17‭, ‬20‭-‬23 NIVUK

4. as above… plus God's plan to make ONE flock through the Messiah ( in John's rendition of the gospel, Jesus’ mention of “I have other sheep that are not of this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.  John 10:16 NIVUK
..”, and Paul's talk of Christ's followers being all united in the family/houshold of God, My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,.. Colossians 2:2 NIVUK. “I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.”  1 Corinthians 1:10 NIVUK etc..

*  Luke 10:41-42, in the context of its whole story-let…




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...