2019-05-27

lady's lucky lad ..

This girl came in to share with me some  life;
a lovely spirit, soul, and body too,
we're learning now to husband, and to wife,
each other, and to play our parts in truth.

When she told me, within a group of folk,
"You've told us that before (my precious dove)",
she tells me now that she did this from mote-
ivations that do really come from love,

attempting to, not harm, but help me out,
to help me up, not close me down again,
she's warning me of two things, (so don't pout,
this seems to be a thing for older men

-  & women too, sometimes, I do not doubt):
at times forgetting what I've said, to whom;
and secondly, to let my words bring out
what's int-arresting, IN-to that shared room -

and once she's told me that, now my small heart
aflutters, 'coz it sees her loving me.
Instead of rolling eyes, she tries to start
a process that could help where I will be -

in 20 years ahead, if I start now,
acknowledging my recall's failing strength,
and asking folk if they remember (Wow!)
-  might help me follow Jesus' way* at length!

His way of asking questions, letting folk
recall what they had heard, think, speak it out ,
and freshly telling old things, like a joke
with prop, to help recall & think about't.



*  Jesus' way of 1) asking questions, to bring data to the fore, and give them a chance to analyse old conclusions, and consider new ones, and even giving a platform to express the results; 2) his stern suggestions: "Who'd hurl what is holy to dogs? Who hurls their pearls before hogs?" & 3) his fishing for people with two tier stories (of both general "concrete" and deeper "abstract" truth)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...