2019-05-01

the faith of Christ

Is faith in God (or faithfulness) a proof,
or evidence that God is with us here?
Does unconditional, and positive
regard for fellow humans make things clear

-  well clearer than things were before we saw,
in living life, an actu'l specimen
of something “mythical” we had ignored?
Well, categ’ries become unsettled, when

I think of certain kinds of people, I,
I have some doubts as to just where they fit.
And then I can't as eas'ly, even try
to make my labels stick. Why that is it!

When faithful people come into my world
it's like they break a spell of unbelief,
or like a clown-magician who's uncurled
in circus act, they bring on some relief

and open “other” possibilities.
Good comp’ny, who help me to laugh at things,
are o-pen-ing old avenues of grace:
to laugh instead of cower also brings

a model, or a way, to now retrace
my previous i-de-as, turn around.
Instead of owning truth, let truth replace
my ownership conceptions since this ground

(I've found) is owned by it, which has a face.
This truth brings on stability and hope.
The face of Christ brings kindness, glory's traced,
in words, and healing pow’r, to thrive and cope!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...