2019-05-09

Grow Up

Lord please help us today to learn to pray
to lift our eyes to you above the skies
and thus to grow like you in every way.
The small gifts from your hand I won't despise.

That's even if they're just a traffic light,
to slow me down, or take another turn,
or friend who offers to help me to right
some problem or deficiency, or learn.

So thank you for the changes, and the “sames”,
“expected” things, as well as those more “un-”.
I need your wisdom, thank you for the names
you let me call you, and that I'm your son.

So there's a chance that I could grow to do
the things you model, and help me aspire
to do and be, I want to love like you!
And throw “my life” away, for what is higher.

You pull all these together God, so well.
And spec’ly through the things around about,
both common & uncommon things can swell
with your love, till they can seem that they shout!

So here, I'm asking you to help discern
what's best to do, and when today to act
about these things that you just helped me learn,
I would recall, but often fall; a pact

might work, but still the “jerk” in me seems strong.
I've just decided, That is just a trick(!)
-  compared to you, it's weak, that's if not wrong.
Please hold my hand, I want to do this quick!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...