2019-04-05

Today's response

My Daddy I’m awake, & yours today.
Please do with me whatever you want to,
and save me from the sin of “my own way”
that doesn't try to join with what you do,

but arro-gant-ly wants you as my slave,
a genie to do all that I would bid.
As though the world waits on my nod, or wave,
in short, as though I'm “Dad”, and you're my “kid”!

This is the sad affliction that i've got,
yet you have patiently, in love, denied
my tantrums, expectations for “what not”,
while caring for me better than I cried

out - in my fear of failure and demise.
Oh God, the medicine I must take, this bloke,
is what that prophet says before he dies,
that washer fellow, who helped ready folk

for when you God, in Christ, would visit us.
He got us clean and true so we’d hear it,
at least be able to see without fuss,
receive all God's good gifts in the spirit

that they were given - building, love, unceased!
Well anyway his statement is mine too,
that “He, must be exalted; I, decreased.”
My O.D.D. needs someone who's like you

who's patient and will teach me, but not let
me live by all that claptrap in my mind,
& help me really live, to place my bet
on truth, in truth, to heal you sometimes bind.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...