2019-04-11

Matthew 7 B)-yond-er material world..

“And who would hang their earrings on a dog?
or give their holy things to canine pets?
Don't throw your pearls to pigs, or one big hog,
they'll trample them, and they won't be impressed.

They’d turn round soon and tear you into bits.
This shows how much they’d be  indebted for
a cob of pearls, they'd think that you’re all twits,
and so you'd be if you'd not listened more.

There might be more that I could learn from this,
I said to God one Sunday in the park,
He didn't disagree, or else dismiss
this as a foolish thought, thunk in the dark.

I wondered if I'd other options find
for “making friends” of dogs and pigs & more,
scenarios with food, came to my mind,
might be as said of “..courses”, “horses for..”

I'll have to get out of my skin, to theirs,
and understand their life, not as “my own”.
So look and listen, even come to share
some things, till I know how they feel at home,

and what they like, or couldn’t stand at all.
So I will see what Jesus saw when he
said that above, ‘bout unclean an-im-als.
And that leads to the next bit, now I see..

As well as look, and listen, seek to know,
you'll have to do relating, personal!
You'll Ask “of people”, or “for people” .. Yo!
And Seek a person out, Knock on their door!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...