2019-04-07

Can I learn to love?

God I can't learn to love within this “hell”
- I turn your world into it - without you.
Now I remember, “He did all things well.”
He's brought a way, so I don't have to do

old ways of “living” anymore at all.
He's saving me from all that I eschew -
to live alone and deaf to your true small...
small whisper that comes through your world into

the mind of me, within the or-din’ry.
You don't just own what we call “Acts of God”,
The world of God, with pairs of fish at sea,
and seed that's sown, can multiply a lot!

And that's an “ev'ry day” (in time and space)..
a .. “miracle”, where your life is at work!
It has that glory-power, that is based
on wooing, and empow'ring not to shirk!

The power of the “automatic” seeds
that change & grow, & not ‘coz farmer knows
how it all works - he mostly pulls out weeds.
I'd like your love to be in me what grows!

Maybe that is a hint that I can take,
to pull out weeds, or habits of the snake:
the jealousy and pride that I can't shake
without your help to master, or to break!

You are the whisperer who knows his job,
and knows creation round about, they tell
of mastering wind, waves, trees, demons (“Mob”,
or “Legion”), fevers, donkeys. Me as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...