2018-01-22

The Holy Ghost! - not wholly ghost!


De “part” of me dat wants to be admired,
looked up to, and t'ought well of, - call de shots
(de same part always wants to be desired,
and never wants to be embarrassed lots),


I say de “part”, but it claims to be whole.
It is de ghost that was all I'd become,
until Yeshua came, spoke, breathed dis soul
to Life, once lost in garden when we dumb-


ly bid for independence with our hand,
(by reaching up and taking off de fruit)
and even t'ough we didn’t understand
it all, we knew enough, for what ensued


showed we ourselves had claimed de caveat,
and jumped off, so to captain our own boat.
“Part 1” of life, born innocent, and yet
we’d have to learn to keep de boat afloat!


Learn from a Master Mariner who loved,
or from who had de local dump contract
(who sees us as some rubbish dat was shoved
into his path (as he went off de track).


So since we chose de second of de two,
collecting all de rubbish dat we found
and learning to do what we’re made to do
by Dump Contractor, who is often round.


De gods dat we were made to be WERE NOT,
my future self - dis oily ghost of me!
Christ’s “mouth to mouth” breathed life, to stop dis rot,
dis new creation grows solid & free!

* The first two words of this poem-ish thingo, said as one word, commandingly, are my response to this ghost. My willingly taking on my own crucifiction, in the light and power of Yeshua's, is his WAY, to truly "kill", or make this ghost itself to "be no more". Halleluyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...