2018-01-23

Learning from Abram*


We'll God please help me now, to fear not(!)
and in departments of my life where I've
got courage and are faithful, to not rot,
but spread those qualities, and help them thrive.

It's like you've given me the sum all "worked"
in this part of my life so I can learn
to spread that knowledge/ goodness,  not to shirk.
Don't let my weaknesses cower and spearn

my growth here as a human in God's World.
But I can see a bigger thing to grasp
(or rather let it grasp me, tightly curled):
my teacher keeps on  teaching when life's past!

This life is not the end, or fully LIFE,
it's more like one big womb-world that we're in;
so when as foetuses we get in strife,
our situation finished, just begins!



* (Gen 12 & 20, and in between) Abraham was blessed to be "a blessing to all nations" (Gen12)... He ended up bringing a curse on Egypt (the land that was looking after him in a famine) the first time, because of his relying on his (earthly) wisdom which induced fear, instead of bringing God into the picture ... Asking God for his wisdom, and doing something to bring a blessing to them... After the first time (with Pharaoh in ch.12), I thought hope he learns a lesson here. But chapter 20 shows that he's a slow learner... (a bit like me). Wow, I wonder if the early Christians were thinking of these stories when they said "... if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny his own nature"(2 Timothy 2:13)

But, don't you find that sometimes you are like Abe with the battle (courageous and strategic) and then like Abe with his wife (fearful and sniveling) ... [or thinking of Elijah later on... he challenges 400 prophets of Baal, then runs scared from Queen Jezabel]
ie. (inconsistently) strong in an area in one department of life, and weak in (almost) the same area in another department.. ??

Then our task seems to be to take the strength and spread it to other departments, before the weaknesses are spread to the other departments where I WAS strong in that area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...