2017-10-20

So where we share his care*; that's prayer!

When we're in prayer we share his care.

Oh God, you’re helping me, now here, to see
from what Geoff said in many LTGs,
and I now see it's relevance to me:
(I've always thought it good, but now I seize
upon it - seeing possibilities
for how it could act antidot-ally
to help me with my present maladies).

It’s if I pray for people as they come
to mind in me, reminding me of them,
(and this is where folk might think it is dumb
- but I don't care, I want to touch your “hem”1)
then in this world I'm in “the line of Shem”2,
(that’s even if my name’s not there to some),
I'm trusting you to take me by the hem,

and take me back, to a new lineage.
Time-travel backwards like a “Jedi knight”,
& learning a new culture, new image
of what is so important in this “fight”
(which also matches parts of me that might
appear to be some incidental trimage,
- or rubbish) you see backwards along light!

I'm acting in the social world of folk,
invisible, apart from its effect,
existing only in the minds of bloke
& sheila, culture’s categ’ries connect
us in a way that might seem just a joke
to folk who focus on “what” eyes detect
more than "who": woman, man, left derelict.

It’s not just “what’s” & “who’s” - in this old life.
It's motives, how I'll use this one at hand.
And to what end I “understand” my wife?
To love, or use? To pray, refuse to stand
as names are called? Will I appalled, unmanned,
refuse to use this chance to dance that’s rife
(I find each time you bring to mind “unplanned”’

by me, a person made to be like you).
I want to learn to dance with you, my God!
Please take the lead, my greatest needs “Adieu” -
acknowledge them, but then again, where trod
that Man of men, my need won't lead (that’s odd,
except it leads me to be led by you!)
I'll trusting follow Yeshua's wink, nod.

And here I am again, thinking of you..
what did you say that day on Calvary?
The stuff of life threw to your open view
your mum and John watch on, and while they see
your need, you give news - views of family.
And then you pray: continue questing "WHO"
to paradoxically, conduit mercy.

* In the light of my experience this week, with God (& my our traitorous heart), this is now part 4 of my responses this week..

1) thinking of that lady who took the process that had already started, from being touched by Jesus, to touching Jesus(Mk3), further, to touching the hem of his (prayer) coat. And who then appears to have let the cat out of the bag since in Galilee "where-ever he went, in villages, towns, & countryside, they took the sick to the market places & where-ever they heard he was, & begged him to let them at least touch the hem of his robe, and everyone who touched him (or his hem) was healed (see end of Mk 6, & it's parallel in Luke)

2) Shem's lineage (the "second" - remaining) Son of Adam in the Story. An alternative to the first Son of Adam (Cain) is outlined in Genesis 5, over against the lineage of Cain whose Line was that of the technologists and skillful artisans. An alternative to Cain's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...