2017-10-13

on offer

... and said, “I assure you that unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven. The greatest in the Kingdom of heaven is the one who humbles himself and becomes like this child. And whoever welcomes in my name one such child as this, welcomes me. Mt 18:3‭-‬5 GNTD http://bible.com/69/mat.18.3-5.GNTD

My God , I'm yours today. Do as you will
with me - is what I say, but now to live...
A living sacrifice, that is unkilled
can seem to be so nice, but it will give

me more embarrassment, for it crawls off
the altar where I meant to do the deed.
I know this from my children's open love
reporting that minds will wander, not heed..

when I had said "Lie down, & shut your eyes."
-& they'd obeyed (not frowned & sulked) with trust,
they still reported side-tracks, like blow-flies,
which opened up them wide - until they'd bust.

And when they asked "How do I cope with that?"
well my reply came through as clear as day,
"I think the real issue comes into bat
when you remember to, - start to obey,

instead of thinking "Well, I failed in that."
& moving on to tell myself that "I
can do whatever I want to do, flat
out" since I don't know why, I will not try.

So learn to now obey - nitty gritty,
& in a diff'rent way (against inclines),
for love acknowledges "Author-ity"
& yet creatively it underlines,

& underwrites, & understands the truth,
so does what can be done to compost dead...
dead branches, limbs that live no more their youth-
full-ness because they give it no more head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...