2017-04-02

"my shepherd hears my voice, and listens to me"my sheep hear my voice.. and they follow me"


I love The Lord because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because He listens to me I will pray to Him as long as I live. Psalm116:1-2(PM Version)

And now, amen
(may it be so).
God of children,
please also grow

your nature in
this stubborn child
that I might win,
grow with your wild-

-ish ways list'ning,
to hear the voice,
jew-els glist'ning
of love's clear choice.

A child who's good
lis-ens to Mum;
when her voice could
be heard, they come

(or go), and do
what they've been told
as she said to.
They can be bold

because they let
their parent's voice
in, dain't forget -
keep play'n with toys.

I've seen you grow
these good things in
folk, so I know
that I can win.

My plaintif cry
I know you'll hear,
& your "Goodbye", *
means you're still near!


* "Goodbye" originally came from "God be with ye" (Go-d b'w'ye); which when said quickly together, also strangely sounds like "Good boy!"- which may sound a bit like God's word to Jesus at his identification with a ruined world [in his first (of two) baptisms], and his word to his children at the end of time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...