2017-04-16

larger life

My health may fail, and  spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart; he
is mine forever. Yahweh (so to speak)
is rock & fortress, saviour; - protects me!

That may sound like "I'll never have a pain",
if you thought that, "Mistaken" you would be.
Read the stanza up above, again,
"protection" ain't from suffering, you see.

The closer we get to this god of love
I think you'll see more suffering is borne,
that's why we need the strength that's from above,
to stay true, with joy, not just be forlorn.

Some suffering comes for - to help us learn,
as part of training, or to toughen up,
but some's to break a hardened heart, to turn
a head-strong neck to help it bend in love.

Some suffering is further yet: just love,
that suffers that another might get good.
The suffering of God is quite above
the suffering that others take, or could.

The closer that we come to this good god
to learn this love, & say that we'll help out,
the more we'll tread where Yeshua has trod,
& need divine help, certainly - no doubt!

God is my shield and refuge, with the pow'rs
to save & help these children in their need.
But in this world with many desparate hours,
as well as help, we'll get some suffering.

...........
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Psalms 73:26 (PM Version)
The Lord is your rock, your fortress and your saviour. God is your rock who protects you. He is your shield and refuge, He has the power to save.  Psalm 18:2 (PM Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...