2017-04-09

loving life

My chance before my culture's swift demise,
to now restore priorities to life,
is now (each day) to side with what is wise,
bring into play a joy deeper than strife...

So with the one who turned that rit-ual wash-
-ing water (fun?) to wine at a wedding,
I'll trust him to take my small acts of: quash-
ing fears, & (to lie on) make my bedding

for a long sleep, & trust him to wake me
(new me) to peep, but old me to be lost;
my part's to face my death and bury the
old me (erase), well, turned into compost. ...

So in that spirit - welcoming my death -
now I can hear it not as negation
of what's alive, but of what's got no breath
(ghostly surviv-al). An affirmation

-what's larger than this life as we know it;
Resurrection of christ's life within me.
Bag of bones here, so that we can show it -
so it appears, I must fully bin ME!

That's bin the fear, & its means-to-control,
& in love near (and far) start nourishing,
regenerating, & though, truth be told,
it's sacrificing: birthing & singing

for joy of life, that's deeper still again...
& friendships rife with truth & love, & grace,
seen in that story that shines from that man -
Yeshua's glory - seen in his bright face. 

..........

It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 (PM Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...