2024-05-25

to bear with-ness




Oh God, I start to see a little more.

Each day I wake more gifts from you await.

Like game where often I find treasure stored

for me to stumble over, and to take.


And all the while I’m learning to (by choice)

to choose to live in partnership with you

co-pilot who’s a vet’ran, you’ll rejoice

when I give it my best shot, but don’t do


that thing of “taking over” as the one

who knows it all, and doesn't need a hand

(It’s you who’s choosing partnership for fun

and I’m in real need, else I can’t stand).


I seem to just forget you heaps of time.

Though looking back, I wonder “Maybe I

am learning to reach out, to find, sublime-

ly - You’re still here, just waiting. Now I sigh,


recall that you’re my best friend, and let goo

of all my frantic grappling, and relax.

And let you snuggle closer. Snuggle too

as babe to Mum. And stop my heart attacks.


I’m made with these responders in my soul,

to you, your will it flows into me as

I do the discipline, the quiet goal

of sitting at your feet, not “chuck a spazz”.


And then each thing that’s needed at the time,

as you help me to see the view from where

you are above, and I perceive what’s mine

to do (with you, I’m trusting, always there).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...