2024-05-09

down here..



Oh God I somehow feel so very down.

And I am quite affected by each word

that’s said to me, & with what tone, or frown,

or intimation.. till it’s quite absurd.


I feel so frail, so weak and empty here.

That makes me think of love’s resilience lost.

If that is true, I need to carefully hear

your voice, that speaks through acts, at quite a cost.


And let myself appreciate your gifts

to me, with things like life, and healthy bod,

and food & drink and shelter, sometimes lifts

to one place or another. Thank you God!


And thank you for my neighbours, and this house.

This home I find myself in quite a bit,

this woman who is wife, and not a mouse,

and children who have been borne into it.


I feel unable to lift up my head,

my shoulders hunched beneath beaurocracy

and red tape that is weighing down the dead.

This is the time I need you here with me.


Tonight my wife asked me if I’m ok.

I said I didn’t know, because that’s true.

I only knew that I would have to pray

for all my fam-ily, and friends, to you.


And trust you to pro-tect me as I need,

You are my shield, my rock, defender too.

I need you every hou-r, ev’ry deed.

I need you all the time. Yes I need you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...