2024-01-01

Twenty twenty-fouring; B lessing not mooring!

 




May this new year of twenty twenty four

bring many blessings from God unto you;

and from creative love may many more,

be passed, that's blessings with great fun,  through you!


Oh God, we love you and say now that this

old world with all its fullness and design,

with space to live in, does not seem remiss

except that we the people, use our time


quite often with less wisdom than needed

in order to look after this shebang.

You give us space in time and place, seeded

with goodness that could grow to be a "gang"


of good things. River full to split its banks.

It isn't fair! That's all that I can say.

No. That's not right. I'm learning to give thanks.

And learn to use it well & good. To play


& dance, & sing, & learn to celebrate.

I'm not the God, who can weigh up all things;

but I can weigh what I can, and then wait

for YaHWeH, God of gods, the one who sings.


And watch, & join in to bring good, at last,

where I might have capacity to do.

So as this next year passes and is past,

please may I truly learn to be like you.


I'm really glad of who you've put us with.

You seem to know a lot more than we do.

And since your spirit's in us, we're your kith

& even kin. I want to live "with you!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...