2024-01-27

learning..




I think I need to here recall the kind

of thing that you've been lately teaching me:

It started in one area. I find 

it's spreading out more broadly. Now I see


that your good influence infects me more

than I could guess at first, and it is a

response to my requests, and good friends', for

the morning I learned this, a mate did pray


that God would help me out, he said, to not

be just reactive to deficiencies

that others show, when they think that they've got

God and his ways worked out sufficiently


so no more mys-ter-y is left. He's "solved!"

The arrogance of such a stance seems great:

they let themselves equate ideas evolved

within their mind, as they mature, of late,


with that creative love behind all things:

each proton added makes new element;

the double helix code, & the readings,

of DNA, & markers set & sent


to generations coming down the line.

We hardly know ourselves, or our own mate,

& mysteries, surprises, all the time

are popping up, to teach us not to hate


intrusions, which in true shenanagans

between good friends, are happ'ning all the time,

& then to love the person, much more than

a means to gain what I desire (as prime-


al - motives are equated with desires;

from animals, we learn to grow to rule;

instead of from a being that is higher,

some source of love & wisdom (not more fool


than me, but better than the best in town).

I'd like to follow, learn from such an one,

not use them as a ladder to put down

and walk up on. A friend 'sabove just fun


for me, or "turn & turn about", some rule

to help me in my immaturity.

Tho' that will happen, unless I'm the fool

who will not learn from who is more than me.


Well here is how it started off, before

it grew to cover all relationships:

Take someone's starting point, and be there for

them, as a friend "is there", not "gives the slips".


Forgiveness for ourselves, only received

when we forgive another, or show love

in ways that must be seen to be believed.

The next step is to follow, not to shove.


I see now that my problem-solving mode

is still, when used by immaturity,

helpful if I see that I am slowed

down, thoughtful, checking motives, not just free!


And then, I can move on to "playing game".

But habits must be built, by training well.

Admit my present skill-set, with my name,

UNTIL I'm moved to his heaven from hell.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...