2023-12-16

at hand…



(helping.. or hired..)


Oh Lord, this small (& great) adventure is

continuing, as I respond myself

to what amounts to your initatives

(though even there, I am aware, as elf-


ish creature, I have read and heard the tales

& poetry of prophets long ago,

and let them into me as one inhales 

the smoke of turkish pipes in shop I know;


or maybe better still, as agar plates

allow some spores to culture, and to grow

within, and on, them. Certainly of late

some things have been infecting me. They show


and even where they don't so much, this life

with all its tiny choices, ev'ry day

becomes, and will be known by, what grows rife

within it, like a garden plot. They say


that often the North paddock gets its name,

for short term use, or longer sometimes too,

from what's the crop that grows in it. The same

occurs when people speak of house's rooms.


The thing that's often placed, or done, or will

be done. As bed-room's where I bed my wife

(or she beds me, as she has learnt that skill);

and lounge, is where we lounge about a try-ff-


-el; kitchen meant the cooking room with pow'r

(Old English speech); and where we take a bath;

or do our toilet duties; take a shower;

becomes the way we name - room, way, or path.


And as things turn out, in these lives we live,

the functions, or the treasures that we keep,

will keep our hearts, the energies we give

ourselves to. Oh my God, I am your sheep


and you're my shepherd, wise, and kind, (and gruff -

when that is needed, you will do that too).

I'm glad your knowledge of me is enough

to coach, to teach, to train, to grow, like you.


And that's the best adventure of a life!

- to grow to be, not just your pet, or "work".

But your own child, or lover (husband, wife),

with friendship's cove'nant love, you do not shirk!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...