2023-10-27

Some truth is revealed, not for me to say it (now), but simply in order for me to be able to choose some better option in future




Oh God help us to handle well your truth.

For maybe it's best function isn't "said".

Maybe it's more to help us choose, a youth

but doing soon a man's job. I'll be bled



if I don't listen, let əffects* run deep,

& give me fear of harm that may yet come.

Some things we must not do if we need sleep.

For if we just continue on, then some..


..some monster will be loosened in God's world

by me (or you), so powerful to cause...

disasters, and amazing good lie curled

within our choices; so say all the lores,


or stories that enable us to see,

the bigger picture, backdrop to our scene.

A scary thing to think that it might be..

yes, US who'll change this world (know what I mean?)!


That's US, in capitals, to stand for God, 

and Humans (who are children of that ONE-

ness of their parents as through LIFE they've trod,

together, not just hiding from bright sun...


Oh yes! This is the thing that I would do.

I cannot think of anything more boon,

or good-er, but the off-shoots that come to

fruition, are because some plant's been pruned.


So prune me as you see fit, Gardner-Good^.

I trust you to grow life & health and peace,

the flourishing of all good, as well should

occur. Creative-love's work hasn't ceased!



*  'əffects' starts not with 'e', nor with 'a', but with the international phonetics symbol 'ə' (named 'schwa'), which is a phonetic symbol for a muted vowel sound between the short 'a' sound and a short 'e' sound. When this word 'əffects' is pronounced, it is ambiguous as to whether it is affects, or effects, because both are here evoked. It is hoped that this ambiguating effect might affect the listener/hearer with curiosity, provoking the potential of the full force of both to be pondered.


^  Noting: Genesis 2 the First gardener; Then Jesus' parable: ‘A man had a fig-tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, “For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig-tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?” ‘ “Sir,” the man replied, “leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig round it and fertilise it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.” ’ (Luke 13:6‭-‬9); and his metaphore in John 15 ("I am the true vine, & my father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that does not bear fruit, & trims clean any branch that does bear fruit, to make it even more fruitfull).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...